1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pre-Order Borealis Cascais 300m Diver Watch

Discussion in 'Borealis Watch Company Forum' started by Borealis Watch Admin, May 31, 2016.

1. zymphad

zymphad Master Apprentice WIS

Loving the watch. As I look at other homage watches that are near copies, nearly replicas, I appreciate the unique look of this watch. The combination of features and designs is done so well.

Look forward to what other ideas Borealis has to share in the future.

2. Blitzer613

Blitzer613 Master Apprentice WIS

Had a recurring issue with a pin on the bracelet. The one connecting an endlink (the endlink attached to the watch) to a bracelet link. I kept finding that it was sliding out a few milimeters and I would push it back in. About the 4th/5th time I decided to get my watch tool kit out to pull the pin out and examine it and the machining on the link holes. The pin has a bit of a flange on one end consisting of vertical lines. I noticed that one side of the machined holes on the link was smaller than the other. Im fairly certain that the link was just put in backward. I turned the pin around, and delicately inserted it back in with my tools. Thought I would share in case anyone else were to have the same issue. Since doing this the pin has not yet come out again.

Borealis team, could you please confirm for me if this was the correct thing to do?

3. sapcmc

sapcmc Moderator

The screw pin used in the last link that attached bracelet to the end link is knurled in order to keep the pin inside bracelet link. So it should keep the bracelet secured. To add extra safety you can add some loctite 222 to it.

4. G8watch

G8watch Master Apprentice WIS

Thank you Borealis for my Blue/Cath/No date.
    Can you advise how to wind it (how many times)? Is there a stop winding lock ?
    What accuracy schould we get from STP1-11?

5. sapcmc

sapcmc Moderator

As with the ETA 2824-2 there is no overwinding of mechanism. However it is not advisable to hand wind the movement as an habit as can damage gears. Movement is to be charged mostly by kinetic energy. Hand winding is to be used sparely as like all the 28XX family.

G8watch likes this.
  6. G8watch

Does it mean that the crown simply stops winding or after 100 turns it more but winding was full at 80 turns?
    Any clues on accuracy plz.

7. sapcmc

sapcmc Moderator

20-25 full turns should be enough for keeping it going. The more you use crown the higher the risk to break gears.

The crown does not stop. You will just hear a noise from the winding gears detaching the from the winding mechanism in order to avoid breaking the spring inside barrel.

No automatic watch of the ETA 28XX is made to be fully winded daily.

Specs are similar to the ETA 2824-2 in terms of accuracy. COSC accuracy is not promised.

G8watch likes this.
  8. G8watch

Thank you!

9. Blitzer613

Blitzer613 Master Apprentice WIS

My accuracy has been beyond acceptable. It has been consistently/reliably +7s/d. That is fantastic as far as im concerned because most times Seiko and miyota movements can't touch that (an exception is an NH35A I have that miraculously would be off by 2-3 seconds... a week!!). I would rather have +7s/d than have -1s/d because if it's fast then you just have to "bleed" a few seconds by pulling the crown to let real time catch up to the seconds hand. I tend to reset my Cascais every 2-4 days, and I'll either set it to exact time or will set it to -7s or -14s. The times when I have reset I have noticed that it is almost always fast exactly to a multiple of 7. That is just amazing quality. I am now a major fan of the STP1-11 and of Borealis.

The following posts may be of your interest: