Pre-Order Borealis Estoril 300m Automatic

ethebull

Master Apprentice WIS
I've been hoping to find a well executed and affordable SM300 homage, but hadn't caught wind of the Estoril until just this afternoon. I commend your design choices, very well done! I have placed my pre-order for a version A, though any of the 8 would inspire a smile atop my wrist. I look forward to following your progress leading up to delivery! Summer of 16... oy vey

phlabrooy

Master WIS
Hi Maria,
Was wondering, do you have any 3D renders of the beautiful Estoril 300 ?
We have them for both the Batial and Seafarer II ..... but unfortunately none yet for the Estoril .....
Would really love to see some.

Regards,

SimonN

Perfect Apprentice WIS
Any chance of a side view render? I'm interested in the depth of the bezel edge, in the brushed/polished illustration it looks deeper then the 'original' (which might be a good thing.)

CHANT

WIS
After having set on the fence for a few weeks due to indecision on what colour of dial and bezel to choose, with the confirmation that the Pantone 296 is going to be used, I am now committed to version "C.1" and will pull the trigger on the pre-order in the next week or so.

It is a lovely blue and I like it. I am looking forward to seeing the prototypes.

CHANT

Pakz

Patriarch WIS
And I've jumped in and preordered the Estoril in version D (big triangle no date, blue dial/bezel)!!!

Can't wait to get it!

Maria,
Would it be possible, at this late date, to put a white date wheel(ie., black numbers on a white background) on the blue dial Estoril 300 date versions? I believe that the date wheels on blue dial watches are generally white. I just noticed the black date wheels on the blue dial renderings, and it stands out, IMHO, as just not right!
Thanks,
Ed P.

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
I think black date wheel is fine, since the blue dial face is of a very dark shade (a bit too dark for my liking).

In fact, I was looking forward to a lighter shades of blue, as I thought I had saw in the design render. But I think the simulated lighting reflection from the sapphire gave me that false impression.

Anyway, the white date window box should be good enough to compensate for the black wheel. Imho, the white date wheel will look uglier than the black ones.

Last edited:

Lexvil

Perfect Apprentice WIS
Looks good so l'm in, blk big triangle date ordered. Still would have preferred a ceramic insert and non drilled lugs (it just looks wrong on this case) those aren't enough for me to skip the deal.

CHANT

WIS
I have no issue with with the sapphire bezel and drilled lugs (just like the SM300 had). The cases in the pictures look great even without the final finishing.

After much debating with myself in the last few weeks, I am now ready to pull the trigger on Version "A.1" (black dial with 12-hour index and date). I will find out if the order number of my last purchase gets me the discount! :)

CHANT