Pre-Order Borealis Estoril 300m Automatic

Chocula

Apprentice WIS
My fist post: ( random thoughts)
-After a year of thinking and wanting, I just bought the 1st version/date on ebay, still untouched as it was the owners discounted 2nd purchase.
-Beautiful watch with classic dimensions!
-My most expensive watch thus far.
-I think more 20mm bracelets should be produced for newcomers like me.
-The next Estoril's 43.5mm case will need a 21mm lug spacing.
-The larger Estoril I think should be more tool-like and have a brushed bezel with sharper or more knobby knurling like the Scorpionfish

KBourne

Apprentice WIS
Come on Carlos!, BIG demand for the original size Estoril! Strike while the iron is hot! Give the people what they want! Don't fix it, if it isn't broke. These phrases are popular because they are true. Make me a black dial, no date, green lume.....I'm good for at least two!

Last edited:

Redmonaco

Master Apprentice WIS
And I'll have a black one, maybe a blue too. Hot to be the original one though, as I didn't like the dive logo on mk2

Chocula

Apprentice WIS
I'm a little obsessive over this watch. After a year of owning an Estoril, I have suggestions (for the next version).
-The dial seems too far behind the glass. I put a magnifying crystal to make the dial appear close to the front.
-By changing the crystal I solved another problem. The stock crystal has bad distortion like that dimple that appears in the center at low angle.
-The bezel insert is too wide. I would push the printing out closer to the outer rim, thus make room to add an inner rim.
1597653500898.png

Ramzi

Master Apprentice WIS
The Estoril 300 has been my favorite Borealis model of all time. If a new Estoril 300 becomes available in 2021, I will jump at getting another one. A no date option with a Miyota 90S5 or 9039 movement would be really cool...

paulboy1313

Apprentice WIS
Right just to answer my own question belatedly, I was desperate to find a President bracelet for my estoril. bought a strapcode curved endlink president bracelet. not even a remote chance of fitting. then i bought a 20mm strapcode endmill straight end link president bracelet (as someone did below). really thought this would solve my problem but unfortunately only one end fit - the other end seemed too wide for the estoril lugs.

demoralized by this point, i read a post saying that bracelets that fit the seiko skx013 might fit the estoril. by chance i had a strapcode oyster bracelet for my skx013 so i tried it on and it fit! no grinding required at all. took a while to get both the springbars to snap into place but wasnt too tricky even for an amateur like me.

so overall conclusion was that

1) still cant find a president bracelet that fits without grinding but
2) oyster bracelets for the skx013 will fit, and look good
Hello ... I finally managed to find an Estoril but sadly it is only fitted with the stock Nato strap - As Nato straps go it is a very good quality one, but I need to find a bracelet for this beautiful watch? - So, I contacted Borealis & they advise more bracelets to fit the Estoril WILL be available for sale when they release more Estoril watches - The bad news is that this is not likely to be until 2022 ;) - So in the meantime I need to find a bracelet for my watch - Ben (above) has reported that he could not find a President bracelet to fit the Estoril (without modification) but that Oyster bracelets that fit the Seiko SKX013 will fit the Estoril? - Can anyone else confirm that, & better still, can anyone post picture(s) of their Estoril with an SKX013 bracelet? - I would also like to see what other bracelets are being used on the Estoril? - I plan to try an Engineer style bracelet with straight end pieces (waiting for one to arrive in the post) & will post pictures here when I have it fitted - Thank you in anticipation ... Paul (y)

Ramzi

Master Apprentice WIS
Uncle Seiko makes a series of Omega Speedmaster / Seamaster bracelets including a replica of the 1039 (1035) bracelet seen on the original Seamaster 300 from the 60's. I put one of these on my Helson Sharkmaster 300 an it fits flush and without modifications. Uncle Seiko also makes repros of the president, beads of rice, Holzer, and the 1171 bracelets. Maybe worth trying one of these on the Estoril 300.

paulboy1313

Apprentice WIS
Uncle Seiko makes a series of Omega Speedmaster / Seamaster bracelets including a replica of the 1039 (1035) bracelet seen on the original Seamaster 300 from the 60's. I put one of these on my Helson Sharkmaster 300 an it fits flush and without modifications. Uncle Seiko also makes repros of the president, beads of rice, Holzer, and the 1171 bracelets. Maybe worth trying one of these on the Estoril 300.
Hello Ramzi & thanks for the reply - Based on what you say, is the Estoril so similar to the Seamaster 300 that the position of the lug holes means an Omega bracelet designed to fit a Seamaster 300 will also fit the Estoril? - If that were the case, a replica Seamaster 300 bracelet "should" therefore fit the Estoril? - As per my original post, I would prefer to see what others have fitted to their Estorils before spending out on a bracelet? - The safe option is a 20mm bracelet with straight end pieces, but I'd prefer one with curved end pieces, provided the fit is near perfect?
Cheers ... Paul (y)

Ramzi

Master Apprentice WIS
Hello Ramzi & thanks for the reply - Based on what you say, is the Estoril so similar to the Seamaster 300 that the position of the lug holes means an Omega bracelet designed to fit a Seamaster 300 will also fit the Estoril? - If that were the case, a replica Seamaster 300 bracelet "should" therefore fit the Estoril? - As per my original post, I would prefer to see what others have fitted to their Estorils before spending out on a bracelet? - The safe option is a 20mm bracelet with straight end pieces, but I'd prefer one with curved end pieces, provided the fit is near perfect?
Cheers ... Paul (y)
Hi Paul,

The Uncle Seiko bracelets are made like the old ones, with hollow end links. These are easier to modify than thee solid link ones However, I have not tested these on the Estoril 300. I have had at least 6 Estoril 300 that I have sold or given away to friends & family but do not have one on hand right now. As soon as I get access to another Estoril 300, I will test my Uncle Seiko 1035 (1039) bracelet on it and will post a response. If you decide to go with a straight end bracelet, the Estoril 300 looks killer on a shark mesh bracelet.

paulboy1313

Apprentice WIS
Hi Paul,

The Uncle Seiko bracelets are made like the old ones, with hollow end links. These are easier to modify than thee solid link ones However, I have not tested these on the Estoril 300. I have had at least 6 Estoril 300 that I have sold or given away to friends & family but do not have one on hand right now. As soon as I get access to another Estoril 300, I will test my Uncle Seiko 1035 (1039) bracelet on it and will post a response. If you decide to go with a straight end bracelet, the Estoril 300 looks killer on a shark mesh bracelet.
Thanks Ramzi ... That would be very helpful - I have my Engineer bracelet now, so once I get it adjusted I will post a few pics - I have seen the Estoril on a shark mesh & you are right, it does look killer! - One of those will probably tide me over until I get a flush fitting bracelet (probably!) ... Paul

estoril engineer.jpg

estoril engineer wrist.jpg

Last edited:

Ramzi

Master Apprentice WIS
Thanks Ramzi ... That would be very helpful - I have my Engineer bracelet now, so once I get it adjusted I will post a few pics - I have seen the Estoril on a shark mesh & you are right, it does look killer! - One of those will probably tide me over until I get a flush fitting bracelet (probably!) ... Paul

View attachment 1319

View attachment 1320
Paul,

I saw on WUS a Borealis Estoril 300 with the Uncle Seiko beads of rice made for the Omega Speedmaster, looks really good. Look it up!

Ramzi

Master Apprentice WIS

View attachment 1319

View attachment 1320
Paul,

There is another post one on Reddit with an enthusiast who bought a V1 Estoril 300 and put on an 1171 Uncle Seiko Omega repro bracelet. According to this the bracelet fits well.

paulboy1313

Apprentice WIS
Paul,

There is another post one on Reddit with an enthusiast who bought a V1 Estoril 300 and put on an 1171 Uncle Seiko Omega repro bracelet. According to this the bracelet fits well.
There's a couple of massive threads on WUS for the Estoril, but a lot of the links to bracelets that fit etc are a few years old & not any help I'm afraid - I plan to find a Shark Mesh & that should tide me over until a new Estoril release, which should also mean a new batch of Borealis Estoril bracelets

Ramzi

Master Apprentice WIS
There's a couple of massive threads on WUS for the Estoril, but a lot of the links to bracelets that fit etc are a few years old & not any help I'm afraid - I plan to find a Shark Mesh & that should tide me over until a new Estoril release, which should also mean a new batch of Borealis Estoril bracelets
Fair enough.