10 Year Anniversary: Prometheus Eagle Ray Diver Watch

ovidius

Master Apprentice WIS
I received mine today (Meteorite version).
The watch is great (finishing, dial and.. oh boy.. lume) but it have two major downsides for me :

1. Bezel is EXTREMELY HARD to operate (lack of grip because bezel edge is sharpen). I can hardly operate it with 2 hands and my fingers are just starting to hurt.... The cuts/dents are not helping much
2. Regarding to serial number, I was expecting something like xx/50 Instead is SEN180, which makes no sense (to me or to another viewer) . On the product page it's written "individually signed serial number". Yes, SEN180 is individual and perhaps unique, but does not make any sense, especially on an Aniversary edition. And I was also hoping for this Aniversary mention on the back case..

There is also an error on the dial is 300m, but on the caseback is written 500 m :unsure:

Fatbob

Master Apprentice WIS
Got my meteorite, undated watch, SEN140. Very accomplished finish.

Mine also says 300m on the front and 500m on the back. Not great, but also not visible. An annoying mistake on a watch that cost near £700!

If your bezel is stuck, remove the protective film. Mine is fine.

Lume, super bright.

Strap is plenty long even on my big wrist, will need a couple of links out.

Nice box but no instructions. I know it’s “just” a 2824-2 but still. It would complete the experience. Not many £700 timepieces out there that would come with no paperwork I’m sure.

Overall? Very nice indeed. And wearing something 4.5 Billion years old as jewelry is in itself a buzz.

Well done Carlos

zamo9999

Apprentice WIS
Got my meteorite, i am very impressed, top quality - great watch. The lume is unbelieveable, you made a very good job.

Gnarfern

Apprentice WIS
I recieved my 5A1 the other day, and just noe got the chance to adjust the bracelet and try it on.
The piece is good, finish is very nice, and every part of the Watch, including bracelet, feels like quality. To be quite Frank, this is the finest watch I have ever had (design and feel) competing with both Omega and Breitling.

I am superhappy to have both the Pirana and this lovely piece in my collection.

As far as I know, there are only a few of these in my Country of residence, but I am warmly recommending it for the community, and hope to see more of these pieces around.

Great work, and thanks a lot for making this stunning piece❤

markornot

Master Apprentice WIS
I received mine today and mostly happy with it. Many nice touches on both the watch and bracelet. The inner bezel click stops are a very nice touch. No manual is forgivable but if there are those not familiar with the gmt movements, at least a brief written description on operation would have been nice to include or at least a link to operating instructions on the website. The outer bezel action is a bit stiff mainly due to the lack of grip but acceptable although definitely the hardest and least smooth action of any dive watch I own. Where I think the company really missed the mark was on the case back. The lack of attention to detail regarding the depth marking is almost unbelievable, even for a micro brand. I did receive the explanatory email but as the testing issue became apparent before final assembly then production should have been halted and case backs remanufactured with the proper specs. This error should not have been passed on to the consumer and demonstrates a lack of respect for the customer. Also, not assigning limited edition style s/n’s or identifying the model as the anniversary edition really detracts from what is otherwise a very special timepiece.

Richard L.Haley

Master Apprentice WIS
I received mine today and mostly happy with it. Many nice touches on both the watch and bracelet. The inner bezel click stops are a very nice touch. No manual is forgivable but if there are those not familiar with the gmt movements, at least a brief written description on operation would have been nice to include or at least a link to operating instructions on the website. The outer bezel action is a bit stiff mainly due to the lack of grip but acceptable although definitely the hardest and least smooth action of any dive watch I own. Where I think the company really missed the mark was on the case back. The lack of attention to detail regarding the depth marking is almost unbelievable, even for a micro brand. I did receive the explanatory email but as the testing issue became apparent before final assembly then production should have been halted and case backs remanufactured with the proper specs. This error should not have been passed on to the consumer and demonstrates a lack of respect for the customer. Also, not assigning limited edition style s/n’s or identifying the model as the anniversary edition really detracts from what is otherwise a very special timepiece.
Well, at lest we know the watch was tested, I have my doubts on most "Dive" watches.

Fatbob

Master Apprentice WIS
Lovely shot, nice pattern! Mine is very much the same.
It won’t be the last Muonionalusta watch I buy.

Jova615

Apprentice WIS
With all due respect, I think this "story" about water proof testing was invented just to cover the negligence regarding to 500m written on the caseback. (that's my feeling)..
Mine too. Im glad im not the only one feeling this way. I love the watch but the WR specs not matching really put a black eye on such a gorgeous watch. I can't believe they passed this off to the customer and they didnt even offer to fix it. Such a nice watch, and such a bad oversight.

Fatbob

Master Apprentice WIS
It would be nice to have a correct case back sent, and that would also allow for a 10 year anniversary logo too.

I say again, this is a serious £700 watch, not a £25 knockabout ebay special.

fenix

Apprentice WIS
I have the meteorite dial as well and it looks lovely. In all honesty, my 19 year old who is home for the summer is the only one in my house with good enough eyes to read the small print on the case back, so I probably would have never noticed the depth rating discrepancy. What bothers me is what this says about the QA in general. I bought this to replace another micro-brand dive watch that either gained or lost several minutes a day at random, which in turn replace a micro-brand watch that flooded after a year of use and seeped rusty water (still worked amazingly enough). I love the style of the wetsuit extension on this watch as normally once my wetsuit compresses, my watch slides down my skinny wrist with the conventional style extension. I love the legibility and bright lume. It should be easy to read in poor visibility and I rely on my watch even though like everyone I dive with a computer. I hate the bezel which will not be easier to use with wet hands. Overall, pretty disappointing quality for a watch that landed at close to $1000 Canadian. For the same money or a couple of hundred dollars less, I could have bought a Swiss made dive watch from Mido or Tissot. My fault for choosing style over substance. This will be my last micro-brand watch.

ovidius

Master Apprentice WIS
It would be nice to have a correct case back sent, and that would also allow for a 10 year anniversary logo too.
THAT was exactly my first thought AFTER noticing the flaws. But I was thinking : "why should I be the moody/picky guy to bring this request up?". But now I am glad to see that I'm not the only one thinking this way.
And, YES, it will be a right thing to receive NEW proper casebacks. Nobody can force Carlos to do it, but leaving this matter as it is now, will probably affect some future selling numbers.... A brand is built upon seriousness and attention to details. And ignoring some minor flaws, can jeopardy what is already built.
I, as customer, decided in the favor of a microbrand because I thought QC would be better, hence is a small business. The owners of such microbrands have to be aware of the fact that their potential customers CAN choose from hundreds of models form dozens of OTHER brands in the same price range. So the job of the microbrand is mainly to keep its customers satisfied... and loyal.

markornot

Master Apprentice WIS
THAT was exactly my first thought AFTER noticing the flaws. But I was thinking : "why should I be the moody/picky guy to bring this request up?". But now I am glad to see that I'm not the only one thinking this way.
And, YES, it will be a right thing to receive NEW proper casebacks. Nobody can force Carlos to do it, but leaving this matter as it is now, will probably affect some future selling numbers.... A brand is built upon seriousness and attention to details. And ignoring some minor flaws, can jeopardy what is already built.
I, as customer, decided in the favor of a microbrand because I thought QC would be better, hence is a small business. The owners of such microbrands have to be aware of the fact that their potential customers CAN choose from hundreds of models form dozens of OTHER brands in the same price range. So the job of the microbrand is mainly to keep its customers satisfied... and loyal.
Well, that makes five of us...

Fastandold

Apprentice WIS
Ok then, when we pre order micro brands then let us look at the delivered quality in respect of the price point.
I for one would think that errors in the caseback printing can only add to the character of the piece.
If it looks great and works as it should, then go ahead and use it.
Mainstream brands with production glitches seem to attract collectors and hold higher resale values.
All the best to you all, we are united by a sense of good taste!

Lancaster

Master Apprentice WIS
I love the feature set of this watch but one thing about it is a real nuisance. When I unscrew the top crown and rotate the inner bezel, let's say to 2, it doesn't stay there when I screw the crown back down. As I'm screwing the crown, the bezel rotates out of the desired position (2 O'clock here) and ends up somewhere around 3 when the crown is tightened all the way down. If it were consistent, say it always ended up on 3 after screwing it down when setting it to 2, then that wouldn't be as bad. But it always ends up in a different spot so that you have to keep setting it in a different position (trial and error) before screwing it down to get it set to the desired spot. Is this how others who have this watch are finding it to work? Is this normal operation for this watch?

Lancaster

Master Apprentice WIS
To answer my own question; I've found that, no, that's not how it's supposed to function. Prometheus has asked me to send it back for a warranty correction.