Are micro-brand watches an alternative to expensive big brands ?

Kebci

Apprentice WIS
Hi everybody,
I'm not a watch professionnal, just a watch passionnate from France (so sorry for my poor english ) more interrested in the engineering and quality side than the commercial and marketing side which seems to become stronger and stronger in The watch industry. So having noticed more and more micro-brand watches emerging on the market, I was wondering if it is linked to short term interest in making money or affordable quality products as an alternative to incredibly expensive watches from brands ? I own some famous brand watches and I have not bought any micro-brand watches yet although the Sea Storm 2 from Borealis has drawn my interest to be able to answer that question, so let me know what do you think ?
Kind Regards
HK from France

winhansse7

Perfect Apprentice WIS
Hi everybody,
I'm not a watch professionnal, just a watch passionnate from France (so sorry for my poor english ) more interrested in the engineering and quality side than the commercial and marketing side which seems to become stronger and stronger in The watch industry. So having noticed more and more micro-brand watches emerging on the market, I was wondering if it is linked to short term interest in making money or affordable quality products as an alternative to incredibly expensive watches from brands ? I own some famous brand watches and I have not bought any micro-brand watches yet although the Sea Storm 2 from Borealis has drawn my interest to be able to answer that question, so let me know what do you think ?
Kind Regards
HK from France
I don't own sea storm 2 but I have two portus cale and one Adraga recently released. Adraga was sold out in 24 hours and so all the watches are sold out from their website. All the watches are limited items and if you want to purchase any new borealis, you will have to wait quite a long time for next edition. Myself like you, just recently discovered that so many micro brands are available now these days and gives consumers like us to choose with more variety and quality that never been existed before. It is favorable to pick one for watchfans that a lot of micro brands came to major scenes and most of them are less than a decade old. I have some swiss brand watches but really hooked to micro since price are so good and unique. Among those, Borealis is one of the most popular in micro brands and you can't be wrong if you pick any of their watches. Check out other threads on this website and if any new releases and pick one if you like the design. Quality is excellent level with most of them are timeless so you can enjoy for a long time. Hopefully some sea storm V2 owners will chime in to answer your question. Meanwhile, I really like what I have now and waiting for next adraga watch from borealis. Cheers.