Pre-Order Borealis Medusa 300m Diver Watch - Interchangeable Bezel

I really hope the price is right to where I can order multiples. If just one, I'll get the black dial more than likely. If two, it'll be a black and a blue dial. If three, it'll be a black, a blue, and a white dial version. The orange is pretty killer too, but I'm not sold 100% on the orange. Plus my Sea Dragon is the orange dial version.

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Do not like the Minimalistic bezel design at all, please consider a stainless steel bezel with Lume filled Arabic numbers and indexes instead, would offer a nice included option to the black ceramic bezel.
There will be more bezels offered in future including sapphire bezels as the system is compatible with the Prometheus Manta Ray and there is going to be soon a Prometheus Manta Ray 2.0 edition.

CHANT

WIS
Maria,

The sandwich dial gets me interested and the moderately-sized case should work for my small wrist as well.

I am looking forward to more details on case and crown design being available. Will the case back have a viton gasket or a rubber one?

Thanks

CHANT

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, we are planning to offer viton gaskets.

At the moment we are working on case technical designs.

There are restrictions due to bezel system and height we want to offer - about 14.50 mm height.

Itsonlytime

Master WIS
There will be more bezels offered in future including sapphire bezels as the system is compatible with the Prometheus Manta Ray and there is going to be soon a Prometheus Manta Ray 2.0 edition.
Understand Maria, but why include an undesirable "throw in" bezel, that a buyer will never use?
Why not create a poll for bezel options that will be included, or just offer 1 desireable ceramic bezel, and be able to offer the Medusa at a lower cost, where the buyer can add bezels that they want.

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Understand Maria, but why include an undesirable "throw in" bezel, that a buyer will never use?
Why not create a poll for bezel options that will be included, or just offer 1 desireable ceramic bezel, and be able to offer the Medusa at a lower cost, where the buyer can add bezels that they want.
If you don´t like bezel you will be able to sell it to a Prometheus Manta Ray owner as an example.

With launch of the Prometheus Manta Ray 2.0 there will be over 10 different bezel configurations available! This will enable the Borealis Batial to be one of the most configurable watches in market!

Jerry P

Master Apprentice WIS
Just so I'm understanding you correctly, will it be possible to purchase the bezels separately for the Manta Ray 2.0?

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Just so I'm understanding you correctly, will it be possible to purchase the bezels separately for the Manta Ray 2.0?
Yes, once project gets funded.

That is the beauty of a interchangeable bezel system. You will be able to fully customize the looks of your watch and many other bezels will be offered in future.

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
At first I was thinking "Why would I need to interchange the bezel?". Seems silly to me initially.

But now, I started to see that the interchangeable bezel is a nice touch. As sapphire crystal and ceramic/sapphire bezel insert are highly scratch resistance, the steel bezel will more likely be the next scratch magnet, especially for thick watches. So for those OCDs, myself included, would like to have a peace of mind of having a spare bezel replacement, many years from now.

The only setback is that the interchangable bezel will increase the overall thickness of the watch. Not a problem if you are not looking for a dress diver.

If the dial & bezel insert design are done right, and the pricing is affordable, I think Maria might have another winner here. :)

Jerry P

Master Apprentice WIS
At first I was thinking "Why would I need to interchange the bezel?". Seems silly to me initially.

But now, I started to see that the interchangeable bezel is a nice touch. As sapphire crystal and ceramic/sapphire bezel insert are highly scratch resistance, the steel bezel will more likely be the next scratch magnet, especially for thick watches. So for those OCDs, myself included, would like to have a peace of mind of having a spare bezel replacement, many years from now.

The only setback is that the interchangable bezel will increase the overall thickness of the watch. Not a problem if you are not looking for a dress diver.

If the dial & bezel insert design are done right, and the pricing is affordable, I think Maria might have another winner here. :)
Not to mention the fact, with this system, everyone can get exactly the bezel they want.
The only problem I was having with the Manta Ray 2.0, was trying to match up the dial I wanted with the bezel I wanted. Knowing that bezels can purchased separately resoves that problem.:D

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
I think there is some confusion here.

To keep the cost down, Medusa will not come with any spare bezel, if I understand correctly. Probably only 2 style of bezel will be offered for preordering, one plain whole steel gear type, and one black ceramic helix type.

If that is the case, can the preordering add an option of having a spare bezel? What will be the price range of spare bezel be like?

deepdive

Master Apprentice WIS
I have no bull shark ordered just because there was canceled version with fixed smooth bezel. I was really disapointed that you canceled it.
This time I really hope you will keep the bezel without markers and with metal look as an option.

Really happy to order it!!! Count me in! (if you keep the smooth bezel )

The latest renders seem very nice to me. I am in love with the black dial and the ceramic bezel. Prefer the 9015 as a movement. My Estoril is on the road, so I am looking at the next project that makes me interested.