Just a proposal, how about a Fifty Fathoms homage?

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
Actually, I was never really interested in the BP Fifty Fathoms look ....

Now, after looking at all these homages, because of #SimpleWatchMan, I have become a fan !!!

Yes, and have now gone ahead and pre-ordered a Black MWW Iconik 3 !

I just couldn't resist anymore !!! :D :D :D

Regards,
You are welcome. :)

Anyway, just an update, the UChronos Aqua Lung does not seem to be taking off, and MWW's Iconik 3 deviate too far from my grail Fifty-Fathoms' design as per my opening post. Look like I just have to keep on looking. :)

phlabrooy

Master WIS
You are welcome. :)

Anyway, just an update, the UChronos Aqua Lung does not seem to be taking off, and MWW's Iconik 3 deviate too far from my grail Fifty-Fathoms' design as per my opening post. Look like I just have to keep on looking. :)
Yeah, too bad about the Uchronos, it looked a bit promising !
They must be having some serious issues ....

Regards,

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
Yeah, too bad about the Uchronos, it looked a bit promising !
They must be having some serious issues ....

Regards,
Well, I am hoping that Borealis can take over from where UChronos had left off. After all, they had good experience from doing the sapphire bezel for the Estoril. Plus Maria can also tap on the experience from Prometheus Sailfish.

http://wornandwound.com/review/prometheus-sailfish-review/

I don't mind paying in the same price point offered by Helson, as long as the following design spec are met.

1) Same design layout as Blancpain's in my opening post, for the dial, hands and bezel insert.
2) Not more than 42 mm case size.
3) Shorter than 50 mm lug to lug distance. Even lugless design like the pending Medusa project is fine too.
4) Thickness less than 13 mm, with water resistance at 200 m is fine.
5) Domed sapphire bezel insert like Prometheus Sailfish, and double domed sapphire crystal like Estoril, with bezel insert being lower or equal height as the main sapphire crystal.
6) Drilled lugs, like the Estoril.

However, I also understand such design might not have broad appeal, as they are viewed as "copy" of the original design. But I am certain Borealis can easily sell 200 pcs of this, if all the elements gel nicely together.

Come to think of it, I willing to pay up to $1k for the above. No kidding. :)

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
All that is doable however a big issue : cash flow. We already are allocated into 3 projects (Borealis Bull Shark, Borealis Cascais, Borealis Porto Santo) and do not have resources for another project at the moment.

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
All that is doable however a big issue : cash flow. We already are allocated into 3 projects (Borealis Bull Shark, Borealis Cascais, Borealis Porto Santo) and do not have resources for another project at the moment.
Thanks for the reply.

No problem, I can wait for another 5 years for this project to become fruitful. :)

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
In the meantime, while waiting for the perfect Fifty-Fathoms homage to come, I found something that might scratch a bit of my itch ...

9083ef97f8af1eb3a734f4c63a11c8e8_original.jpg 5e32e4cd7342d84ea2c29df0b3bdefc8_original.jpg
de0ebd049f07712d1d7bb199e6ddca3f_original.jpg
d3d8af284d60e040a5a1eb2d1a231e2f_original.jpg
d78df54082a20ce902e61ee3bb2a3296_original.gif

On Kickstarter now. Early bird $119. :)

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
A year after my initial proposal, this came to me yesterday. :)

Some low resoolution pics ...
View attachment 983

View attachment 978

View attachment 979

View attachment 980

Left - Ver C BGW9, Centre - Ver B Old Radium, Right - Ver C C3 X1, all non-date.
View attachment 981

A lousy lume shot
View attachment 982

A Big THANK YOU to Borealis for doing this project. Judging from the sold out status of all 18 models of the Sea Storm, within a little over 6 weeks since preorder started in February 2017, I would think it was a huge success.

I bet there are many, many happy Sea Storm owners now (myself included).

More pics in the next few weeks... ;)

SimpleWatchMan

Master WIS
Hmm ... I remember there is a dedicate opening post on the Sea Storm by Borealis, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I read from one of the WUS forum thread that there will be Sea Storm V2, probably with bracelet this time. So I'm adding on this thread for discussion.

As indicated last year, I had 3 Sea Storm in my collection. Now I'm down to 2, as my collection was getting a bit out control and I had to purge a few to cater for some incomings like the Portus Cale. Probably might not get the new V2, but will be interested in bracelets, like they did with Estoril V2. :)