Pre-Order Poll: Choose the version for our next project : Borealis Scorpionfish

Which version should actually be produced

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
It was supposed to but it won't as factory has no stock at the moment with black discs. They could be reprinted but disassembling Miyota discs is not easy as movement can get damaged in process and I am not going to delay project for 7-9 months (time for new movements to be delivered).

If a black disc is a must for you then pre-order won't be a go for you I am afraid.

We live in a world of compromises.

Once again price offered will be the best deal of 2015. You won't find other offer with this specs at this price from anyone else.

Itsonlytime

Master WIS
Date wheel color change is a bit disappointing, but hoping the pre-order pricing will be the deal of 2015, and put me over the top.
The lug screws appear to have hex heads, will mating screwdriver(s) be included ?
Thank you for a great offering so far.

Pakz

Patriarch WIS
The fact that the date disc will be white is, to me, a plus for the black dial version... Balances the indices, I feel.

So I'm actually happy to hear that it won't be modded to a black date disc (y)(y)

The fact that the date disc will be white is, to me, a plus for the black dial version... Balances the indices, I feel.

So I'm actually happy to hear that it won't be modded to a black date disc (y)(y)
I was thinking of the same thing, but I am ordering the white dial.

I was thinking the same thing. Balances out the dial a bit.

phlabrooy

Master WIS
Been following developements on the Scorpionfish with much interest.
Great to see the progress until now.
I have a couple of questions, will the Scorpionfish have a Viton gasket in the caseback ?
Also, it was originally announced that there were only 100 pieces offered. Is this still true ?
Regards,

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
There will be double viton gaskets in case back of the Borealis Scorpionfish. Final quantity will depend on demand (we are able to order from 100 to 190 pieces).

Borealis Watch Admin

Administrator
Staff member
We are pleased to announce the pre-order of the Borealis Scorpionfish. This is the deal of 2015 (as the Sea Dragon started in 2014)!

Price: $332.22 USD (excluding VAT tax that is added for customers in EU and excluding shipping).

Pre-order payment of 50% upfront and remaining balance + delivery costs to be paid once watch is ready (expected July/August this year).

Borealis Scorpionfish Automatic Diver Watch with Miyota 9015 Specifications:

• Case Size: 42.50mm x 49 mm
  • Screwed down crown
  • Double Domed Sapphire Crystal with A/R coating inside
  • Thickness: 14.50 mm
  • 120 clicks unidirectional bezel with ceramic insert filled with BGW9 lume
  • Made in Japan Citizen Miyota 9015 Automatic Movement
  • 316L Stainless Steel Case
  • Lug Width: 24.00 mm
  • Water Resistance: 2000 meters
  • Antimagnetic: 4,800 A/m
  • High quality bracelet that tapers from 24mm to 20mm at buckle
  • Buckle engraved with diver extension
  • Swiss Made BGW9 Superluminova applied to dial, watch hands and bezel
  • Screwed Case Back with engraved mermaid
  • 12 months warranty
Forum discount:all members of forum are entitled for a 10% discount if using coupon code SCORPIONFISHFORUM10 at checkout (valid until end of June 2015).

And now for the photos of the Borealis Scorpionfish prototype:

Modern Hands

Plongeur Hands

$322!!??? That is crazy stupid cheap for a watch like this Maria. I don't know how you do it. INCREDIBLE.

I actually tried to preorder and use the forum code, but the code didn't work. It said 0% applied and the price remained the same