Like the look of that Green Leather Band. Which is it? Did you have any issue with the clasp side given its so wide?Got mine! Fabulous! Put mine on the Timegrapher and it's showing off by 0.0 seconds a day. Verifying day by day and it's holding. Switched band to a Green Leather band (I got the black Navale) and it looks stunning. Interesting pins holding the stock band on...
View attachment 1265
Buckle... not clasp... its what I meant. You caught it!It's from B and R Bands (bandrbands.com). It's a Horween leather band. No issue with the width since I prefer straight bands instead of tapered. The band comes with the buckle in SS. I do have to purchase 22mm Bronze buckles separately. I've found them several places like E-bay and Etsy. They're not an exact match to the color but once they Patina, they are close. I've had great success with B and R bands. Selection is good, Quality is the best I've seen, shipping is quick, Paypal easy...
Yep. I got the same model variant as you. But I'm not very impressed.
First time I hear anyone in thousands to complain about our rubber straps. They are anything but stiff. As you simply do not like the watch (we all have different tastes) you are better off to pass the love to someone that will appreciate it.Yep. I got the same model variant as you. But I'm not very impressed.
The good parts:
- miyota movement is very quiet in this bronze "cage"
- also runs pretty accurate.
- confortabile & easy to operate unidirectional bezel
- extremely well executed date window (almost invisible) who blends good with the rest of the dial, with the help of the black background of date wheel
- useful white inner bezel minute markings, which make the time reading more accurate than relying on outer bezel.
And now the NOT SO GOOD aspects:
- the watch looks way too chuncky IRL than in the photos
- the shiny copper/bronze color watch hands reminds me of a cheap Chinese piece. Maybe in time they will get patina? (although for what I've remember they're made of aluminum and then coated) - maybe Carlos can bring more infos on this..
- lume is really DISAPPOINTING. yep, I know it's a sandwich dial and the light needs more time to reach the lumed surface, but it's not lasting long. The Prometheus Eagle Ray is a much better option.
- the rubber strap is stiff and bronze buckle is quite hard (and annoying) to close through the strap.
- I would prefer a numbered serial on the caseback (yes, I was aware it will not be there since pre-order). BUT it would be nice to have it..
- the crystal is very slightly domed, almost plate. I was hoping for a more domed glass
Overall, for me, the watch receives 5 points out of 10.... Yes, wearable, BUT hasn't got the WOW factor.