Prometheus Poseidon : Pre-Order

Dario

Apprentice WIS
Dear Carlos,
I´m considering buying a copper poseidon.
Before making my decision, I'd appreciate some info:
1. Is the copper finish brushed or polished?
2. Which color is closer to reality: the catalogue's (darker) or the recent photos (very clear)?
Thanks in advance!

sapcmc

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Dario,

You mean the bronze CuSn8, right? This type of bronze starts with a very yellow gold look but will tend to age with time (faster if exposed to chemical reactions that interact with bronze) creating a darker patina.

Both photos represent its true colors but in different patina stages. We just received today production samples that passed our QC. You can see it is quite yellowish but in a couple of days will start to age.

The cases are with a brushed finish, not polished.

Therefore take this into account in case you wish to order a bronze watch.

Dario

Apprentice WIS
Thanks for the quick and clear reply! And yes, I meant "bronze", not copper!

Hi Dario,

You mean the bronze CuSn8, right? This type of bronze starts with a very yellow gold look but will tend to age with time (faster if exposed to chemical reactions that interact with bronze) creating a darker patina.

Both photos represent its true colors but in different patina stages. We just received today production samples that passed our QC. You can see it is quite yellowish but in a couple of days will start to age.

The cases are with a brushed finish, not polished.

Therefore take this into account in case you wish to order a bronze watch.

sapcmc

Administrator
Staff member
Factory should ship all watches to us mid next week. We will then do QC checks and send final invoices and ask for delivery details to all that paid full.

thats awesome news! Can't wait to get mine in already.

Any thoughts or teasers on your next project? Between Prometheus and Borealis I'm gonna go broke.

sapcmc

Administrator
Staff member
We are working out details at this moment on a future. Possibility of offering a titanium 5 diver watch.

I don't know how you did it, but you read my mind on what I was actually wanting next. I'm dying to get my hands on a nice titanium 5 watch running a miyota 9015 (preferably with titanium bracelet as well).

sapcmc

Administrator
Staff member
A T5 bracelet not easy to offer as price would increase like 40-50% as all bracelet parts would have to be individually machined via CNC taking long times to execute.

I dont doubt that. And the bracelet, while it'd be awesome to have, is never a necessary. A nice rubber or canvas strap would look great with a t5 watch.

Jamania

Patriarch WIS
I dont doubt that. And the bracelet, while it'd be awesome to have, is never a necessary. A nice rubber or canvas strap would look great with a t5 watch.
I'm buying that, a t5 watch with custom canvas strap would be great, no need for (too) expansive stuff, waiting for your proposal on that next project... rgds

sapcmc

Administrator
Staff member
All remaining pre-orders with full deposit are getting shipped today (apart from 2 customers that requested to receive them in October).

We are processing now remaining orders.

willf.

Master Apprentice WIS
Lume shots of the Prometheus Poseidon Black / White sent to us by a happy customer.

All remaining pre-orders with full deposit are getting shipped today (apart from 2 customers that requested to receive them in October).

We are processing now remaining orders.
Hello, I just saw my two invoices and paid in full. Excited to get these on my wrist!

sapcmc

Administrator
Staff member
some great photos of the Prometheus Poseidon Bronze Black / Orange sent to us by a happy customer